Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lately...

For those who don't follow me on Instagram, here is a snapshot of life lately. Still homeless nomadic gypsies, finding our way from family to friends to more holidays and still making some big decisions. One can't rush these things.

A whole lot of love lies in those Ythanbrae hills for us... 
Coffee in the gallery I used to work in, thoroughly enjoying our 'homecoming' to Yea

Helping Matt feed bulls, I have missed working cattle with him

Visiting Miss Madeleine in Melbourne

Finally receiving my new baby

And finally sitting down at a hairdressers after a year, feeling human again

Skiing and wakeboarding on the lake of an evening

So good having this little one back with us

Getting my bake on after a year away from an oven!

Enjoying some sun in Barwon Heads

Trying to organise our life and future with a strong latte and new diary

Some design work I am doing at the moment...

...whilst Matt interviews via skype for a position I don't particularly want him to get

And so I crochet, a blanket for our cousin's baby due soon

Enjoying a shopping day out in Bendigo yesterday, a very hip cafe seemingly in the middle of nowhere industrial estate, very very cool

After lots of visiting all over Victoria to various friends and family, unfortunately losing one very special friend and extraordinary human over the Christmas period, getting our ski back on in the northern oasis and spending some time down at beautiful Barwon Heads last week, we are back in Boort - Matt working on our friends cropping farm and me doing various wifely duties (baking and crochet anyone?) as well as a bit of design and photography work on the side. Life is good, I am refusing to get impatient with all this decision making to be done about our future and where it lies. Fortune favours the brave, our mantra, and nothing rings truer after our year of soul searching and adventure. At our wedding we read from the book of Jeremiah, a favourite of mine. God does have great plans for us, to prosper us, give us hope and a future. Of that I'm sure.

Until next time, friends...

9 comments:

  1. It will happen, plan will come to fruition and decisions will be made. I've just been through that waiting period possibly still in it a bit but coming out the other side. Waiting to find out where we would be moving, waiting for Mr Sparky to get a job, waiting for a home, waiting for me to get a job, waiting to move. We are getting there though and so will you. Don't stress. I can't wait to get back into the cooking, craft and sewing now that we a resettled. I hope you are really enjoying those things to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so surprised that this waiting game isn't driving me more mad! I guess I am just in permanent holiday relaxed mode?! Taking a very chilled approach (very unlike me!) and sort of sitting back and saying what will be will be...
      That said, I have big time gut instinct/woman intuition/call it what you will about certain opportunities and alarm bells about others. Things have to sit right and fall into place just right, it's the patience and faith to let that happen that is key.

      Delete
  2. Oh I GET IT - the waiting is the hardest. It seems silly, but it really is! And then sometime later on you'll look back and go "oh yeah, we just had holidays for a while before this this and this happened...and it was the best thing ever" Timing isn't (or shouldn't be) ours to worry about...good plans are on their way, friends :)

    ...Will the holiday ever end? Stay tuned for next week's episode of Matt & Emma: happily ever after, riding off into the sunset (working title!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I just KNOW you get it, really get it. Hey at least I'm not homeless and pregnant, right?! Or am I....
      No I'm not - I SWEAR! Had you there for a minute didn't I though... ;)

      Delete
  3. Great snaps. How's the hair and the caterpillars on the eyes? Tamed?
    Faith and determination. It will come. And remember nothing is ever final or permanent when it comes to moving and jobs. Life is continually changing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is what makes the ride worth it all me thinks Mrs P! All good things come to those that wait and all that jazz.
      Pleased to report all greys and caterpillars are tamed and under control...for the moment. Let's not move too far from a good hair stylist or beautician, ey?

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma, good to hear from you. It looks like life is great for you guys at the moment. I like the look of Brewhouse too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mantra. What will be, will be. I have really enjoyed following your adventure around Australia during the past year. My partner and I are in the process of making plans for a round the world year long trip in 2014. I will definitely be spending some time rereading your thoughts and reflections throughout your trip.

    Enjoy the wifely duties! Love the look of the blankets you are currently crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo good luck with all the planning! And it's so true, you'll question yourself and decisions you make a thousand times and then at the end of it all (or half way through) you'll wonder what the fuss was about! Go with the flow, jump in feet first and enjoy the ride! Exciting times ahead :)

      Delete